Who Are We?
The governing body is a group of up to 20 individuals, made up of parents, staff and members of the local community. We work on a voluntary basis to support the strategic leadership of the school. Governors typically serve for four years, and and will have a variety of responsibilities during this time.
What Do We Do?
Whilst the governing body carry many legal responsibilities for the school, this only represents part of the overall story. These activities include:
- Oversight of the effective delivery of the curriculum
- Monitoring the progress of children throughout their school life
- Developing and monitoring the annual budget and finances
- Long-term planning for the future development of the school
- Ensure effective policies covering areas such as child welfare, recruitment, health & safety etc.
In addition to these, governors are visible within the school and play an active part in celebrating in the success of the children. For example:
- Every year group has an assigned governor
- Being part of everyday school life
- Helping with school activities and events
We will continue to develop the school for the benefit of the children. This is why we do what we do.
If you would like to find out more about the work of the governors, or would like to be join the governing body, please contact the school.
A passion and concern for the development of our children are the main requirements for any governor. Please feel free to contact me via the school office or by email to email@example.com.
Chairman of Governors