Thusrsday 24th January is FRENCH DAY at SPS
Mr Kirby has been delighted with the fantastic response to our French art competition. We have received dozens of entries, and all of them are fantastique! They are currently being displayed around the entrance hall, next to the school office. Please do come and see what the children have produced. Winners of the competition will be announced on French Day.
The day itself, will be full of French activities:
- All children at SPS will receive a French Day Passport featuring activities to complete over the day. If the children show their completed Passport to Mr Kirby, they can earn three house points!
- There will be French activities in class, in the corridors, and in assemblies.
- French-themed, outdoor play activities will be running over lunchtime.
- Winners and prizes will be announced for our art competition.
- A crêpe serving station will be running in the kitchen for those children eating school dinners.
- Secondary school children from Knole Academy will be coming in to run French activities with Years 4, 5 and 6.
As if this wasn’t enough, there will also be a French café at the end of the day, by the main entrance. Adults and children can buy some French treats, practising their buying and selling language with our French-speaking shopkeepers! Please bring in some change to buy a pastry or two (gluten-free options will be available).
- Children will wear school uniform, as usual. However, they are invited to wear a ‘French’ accessory on the day: this could be something red, white, or blue – très français!
It’s going to be a fanstastic day; raising the profile of French within the school and encouraging the ‘love of languages’ SPS children are known for!
We would like to say a huge ‘thank you’ to Mrs Carr for her ideas and efforts in helping to bring French Day together.